We started off with a fun ice-breaker game. Everyone randomly paired up with another mom and got to know each other. Then, after a few minutes, our Creativity Director asked some questions about the mom you just talked to. The moms with the most right answers got little prizes for being plunging into a new friendship.
Then, it was time for the devotion by our Coordinator shared a devotion from Proverbs 31 Ministries. At the end, it challenges us to read one chapter of Proverbs a day for a month. Are you in for the challenge?
Next was the Mom of the Day drawing and announcements. The big announcements are:
- Craft Fair - Saturday, November 3
- Your discussion group is signed up either to help set up on Friday from 9-12 (childcare provided) or clean up Saturday from 3-5.
- If possible, please bring some baked goods nicely packaged for selling at the fair.
- Also, each discussion group is making a basket to raffle off. Don't forget to bring your item to the next meeting so we can get them ready for the Craft Fair!
- Snack for MOPPETS - If you haven't brought one already, please bring one to the next meeting. We are looking for things like animal cookies, pretzels, and crackers/goldfish.
- Pumpkin Patch Trip - Tuesday, October 23rd
- Please arrive promptly at 9am, as another group is signed up after us.
- Please email us if you didn't sign up and plan on going.
Then we had a speaker today on teaching our kids about God now in order to prevent them from abandoning the faith when they get older. Some of the key points were:
- Be grounded in the Bible and God as parents.
- Daily teach your child (or children) about God.
- Make sure God is always the focus - not just the stories in the Bible.
- Allow your children to see you study the Bible, pray, and focus on God.
Next meeting is Tuesday, October 15. Hope to see everyone there!