While he showed us an amazing gallery of photos he took, primarily of his children, he shared some great tips for all of us:
- Just take the pictures! They tell a story, even if they aren't "perfect."
- Don't "train" your kids to say "Cheese." It is better to get the real-life stories and pictures most of the time.
- Flash often takes away the real life aspect of the photo. So, if possible, don't use it. Instead, hold the camera still and use the natural light.
- Don't be afraid to break the rules. Some times you can get cool shots breaking rules like taking a photo into the sun.
- Look at the lighting around you. Look for warm and cool tones, and use those to your benefit. If you need to, use the + and = keys on your camera to change the exposure to fully play up the natural lighting.
- Once you have your pictures taken, keep them sorted in a method that makes sense to you.
The announcements for today were:
- Small group play dates next week (September 24)
- Craft Fair - We will need help setting up on Friday, November 1, tearing down Saturday, November 2, and with the bake sale. Also, your small group will be working on a raffle basket, so see your discussion group leader for more information on that.
- Moms' Night Out - September 27 from 7-9pm at Flying Star
- Bible study Thursday mornings at Grace Church.